Yerlan Nurmukhambetov was born in Kazakhstan on July 23, 1974.
2008-nowadays – professor in National Academy of Arts.
- Walnut tree 81 min. 2015 – Busan IFF (Grand Prix New Currents), Warsaw IFF, Vesoul IFF (Special jury prize, Special critics prize), Fajr IFF (Best Film Prize), Innsbruck IFF (Audience Prize)
- Little Hunter 80 min (With other Directors). 2011 — San Francisco IFFF – Best International Drama
- Overture 12 min. 2008
- Kyz Uhrlau 26min. 2002 – Oberhausen IFF (Germany), Special screening in Kennedy Centre (Washington, USA), winner of the student screenings in Berlin (Germany)
- In Paris 8 min, 2001 — Vesoul IFF (France)
- Friday 20min 2001 — Award “Best Director” at the «New Look» IFF (Kazakhstan)
- Sunday 15min, 2000. Jury Prize «New Look» IFF (Kazakhstan), Oberhausen IFF (Germany)
- Love and shoes 3 min, 1999. Cottbus IFF (Germany)